Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The car

I like to ride in the car.  I think that most cats don't like it much because everyone makes such a big deal out of it when the find this out.  When Ginger gets her purse from her room and I can hear the keys jangle, it means that she's going somewhere.  And that makes me excited!  I want to go!  I really lose my head and act stupid, too.  I wind around her feet, meowing and crying loudly, and I watch (very carefully) to see when she will actually head for the door.  Because I don't want to miss it!

I paw at the door, I yell some more.  I try very hard to tell her exactly how desperately I need to get into the car.  Sometimes, when I'm very lucky and it's a very good day, she will say "okay!" and she'll open the door and let me into the garage.  Then she walks to her door and opens the door.  That's when I know I'm supposed to go into the car.  And I DO!  I love this part!  I always stop and mark the car as MINE by clawing the seat.  And then I go to the back seat and wait for the driving part.  I look out the windows as we back out.  It's really hard to stay standing up when the car changes direction. My feet are kinda small and not really made for all this side-to-side stuff.  So I fall down a lot.



Soon we're on the road and I love this part!  I put my front paws on the car door and my nose hits the glass.  On every window there's a nice line of my nose prints!  How wonderful!  When I get tired of falling down, I jump to the back window.  There's a nice place to lie down there, but when I raise my butt for happiness thoughts, the space gets too small and it makes me want to get out of there.  It is nice, though, to sit there and watch the other cars.  The people never look at me.  They're busy.  This confuses Ginger and she wonders if people truly don't notice or they just don't care that they see at cat in the window of the car ahead of them.  I never see any other cat in cars when we're out.  Never. 

Sometimes when I get tired I sit in Lanie's carseat. It makes a nice chair to curl up in and it feels safe.  She says she's leaving the seat in the car just for me, even though she's nine.  It works very well...unless Ginger slams on the brakes hard.  She laughed at me when I found myself flying through the air and whacking into the back of her seat.

I have been to all the kids' schools, the grocery store, the bank, to Walgreens, to Wendy's and even to get frozen custard at Andy's.
 
One time the nice people at Andy's asked Ginger if I wanted a "kitty cone".  I said YES! but I was pretty upset to find that they meant a "kiddie cone" and it was yukky.  There was even one time I pumped gas with Alek!


But mostly I am just a cat and I am always glad to be back home with my other cats and with the couch that smells good. 

1 comment:

Meowers from Missouri said...

dood, we finally found yer blog!! we'll be yer furriends--we've smelled you on our mom before. an' on YER mom, too;-)

we don't like to ride inna car, acause it always ends up at the vet's an' no place else. bummer.

purrs 'n' best fishes,
ed, nitro, an' xingxing